Are you looking to further your career in Arboricultural Consultancy and looking to join an established consultancy practice who pride themselves in offering a great place to work?
If so, we are interested in hearing from you. FPCR Environment and Design Ltd is a one of the UK’s leading integrated design practices working extensively throughout the UK. Over the last 60 years the practice has developed a valuable mix of multi-disciplinary expertise in masterplanning, environmental assessment, urban design, landscape, ecology, architecture, arboriculture, and green infrastructure. We have implemented many award-winning schemes in environmentally sensitive locations.
Due to our ever-increasing client portfolio and the continuing development of our arboricultural department, we are looking to appoint an Arboricultural Consultant with demonstrable experience and who is willing to learn.
The position provides the right candidate with an ideal opportunity to be a part of a motivated team who provide technical advice to a diverse range of clients covering projects across all aspects of arboriculture. Our team undertakes Arboricultural surveys and Arboricultural Impact Assessments in accordance with BS5837: Trees in Relation to Design Demolition and Construction – Recommendations. They will also be involved in a wide range of projects covering the preparation of Woodland Management Plans, Veteran Tree Assessments, NHBC Surveys and Tree Hazard Assessments.
Principal responsibilities/key duties:
- To undertake tree surveys for a range of construction projects (to BS 5837:2012);
- Carrying out tree health surveys, hazard assessments, visual tree inspection and risk assessment surveys;
- Prepare arboricultural survey plans, arboricultural reports, arboricultural impact assessments and arboricultural method statements;
- Provide advice on a broad range of aboricultural issues for a range of clients;
- Work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team, in the planning and delivery of arboricultural services;
- Preparing fee proposals; and
- Undertake on site construction supervision.
Skills and Experience:
The candidate may not necessarily have a background in consultancy, but must have a passion for trees and ideally experience in a related environmental subject such as:
- Tree surgery/Arboriculture/Forestry
- Ecology/Conservation/Habitat Management
- Planning/Local Authority
Ideally the Arboricultural Consultant candidate will:
- A Level 3 or higher qualification in arboriculture or equivalent environmental discipline;
- Have excellent tree identification skills;
- Experience of technical report writing including Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Arboricultural Method Statements and be able to demonstrate this experience;
- Experience of undertaking tree hazard surveys and surveys in accordance with BS5837:2012;
- A good level of written English;
- The ability to provide detailed, concise and professional advice to clients both verbally and in written report form;
- A professional attitude being punctual, self-disciplined and having an ability to proactively manage their time to required working deadlines;
- A passion for Arboriculture and sustainable environmental design;
- Computer literacy with experience of MS Word and Excel;
- A current UK driving licence and access to own vehicle.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Membership of a relevant professional association/body such as the Arboricultural Association, Royal Forestry Society or Institute of Chartered Foresters;
- Knowledge of GIS/AutoCAD systems would be advantageous but training will be provided;
- An understanding of the UK planning system;
- A working knowledge of practical tree management and working practices.
What you can expect in return:
We provide a flexibly approach to working, offering both home and office-based working when not working on site.
We are offering a competitive salary (dependent on experience and skills) with the opportunity for annual bonuses, 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays, a holiday purchase scheme and enrolment on our pension scheme. Everyone receives access to a health cash scheme.
All our Team are offered Continued Professional Development, and this would include support for working towards professional qualifications in arboriculture.
FPCR offers many workplace benefits, including activity and social events. FPCR is an equal opportunities employer.
Salary £25,000 - £28,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role, or feel you can offer FPCR’s arboricultural team other relevant experience and skills, please submit your CV along with a covering letter, together with any supporting documentation which you feel may be of interest.
For an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact:
John Mellor (Principal Ecologist and Arboricultural Consultant) or Rich Middleton (Arboricultural Consultant) on