Are you an experienced seasonal or assistant ecologist looking for the next step up in your career? Are you looking to increase your exposure to complex and rewarding projects? Do you want to join an established consultancy practice who pride themselves in offering a great place to work? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We encourage everyone at all levels to be fully involved so they can really make a difference, not just for FPCR, but importantly for you and your enjoyment in coming to work.
FPCR Environment and Design Ltd is one of the UK’s leading integrated design practices working extensively throughout the UK. Over the last 60 years the practice has developed a valuable mix of multi-disciplinary expertise in masterplanning, environmental assessment, urban design, landscape, ecology, architecture, arboriculture and green infrastructure. Working together, we have implemented many award-winning schemes in environmentally sensitive locations.
At the start of 2021 FPCR became an Employee-Owned business. Our people and culture are vital to the service we provide, and we feel this is the best way forward for the future of the practice. Employee Ownership will enable the whole team to share in the future growth and success of the business, whilst the practice can remain responsive, independent, and adaptable.
Our ecology team is led by three directors who each joined the company in junior positions and are committed to providing the same supportive and fostering environment that is at the heart of our practice. Our team of over 90 ecologists work out of four offices across the UK.
Could you be one of the experienced, talented and energetic professionals helping to continue the development of our ecology department, responding to our clients and keeping FPCR moving forwards whilst responding to new challenges in ecological practice? The positions provide the right candidates with an ideal opportunity to be a part of a motivated team offering technical advice to a diverse range of clients covering projects across all aspects of ecology.
- Degree level or equivalent academic qualification in Ecology or related field;
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM) or other similar is desirable;
- A minimum of 3-years relevant experience with a level of project management experience and a well-developed ability in report writing;
- Good knowledge of best practice survey techniques, relevant wildlife legislation and protected species licensing;
- Specialist knowledge in a particular field of ecology (such as botanical survey or bats) and a class licence for one or more protected species are desirable;
- Ability to undertake phase one survey comfortably (at least FISC level 3 or similar);
- Comfortable providing Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and specific-species reports;
- A level of competency in Microsoft Office software and preferably (although not essential) some knowledge of GIS packages.
- A full, clean UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
What you can expect in return:
Our employees really are our greatest asset, representing a wide range of skills and experience from across the field of UK ecology. We are proud to offer our staff at all levels the opportunity to pursue their individual interests as this helps us to facilitate shared learning across our practice.
We have an open and continual dialogue with our staff about their development needs and should any staff member have a particular interest in a certain subject or wish to develop a particular skill, the directors are happy to support them. Our investment in our staff across all disciplines is reflected in the c. £400k, invested in staff training and development in 2019.
We are offering a competitive salary (dependent on experience and skills) with the opportunity for annual bonuses, enrolment on our pension scheme and 23 days holiday and a holiday purchase system. Everyone is enrolled in a BUPA health and wellbeing cashback scheme.
FPCR offers many workplace benefits, including activity and social events. FPCR is an equal opportunities employer.
If you feel you are the right candidate, or feel you can offer FPCR’s ecology team other relevant experience and skills, please submit your CV along with a covering letter, together with any supporting documentation that you feel may be of interest.